The Fresno Pet Cemetery was established in 1945 by Mr. Lincoln S. Madsen. His main objective was to provide a cemetery where people could have their family pet buried at a reasonable price for the average person. When Mr. Madsen retired in 1974 the Fresno Pet Cemetery was sold to Mr. Robert Beckman who had been associated with the cemetery since 1964. The ownership of the cemetery is now in the hands of Mr. Jim Barbato who has been associated with the Fresno Pet Cemetery since 1984. The cemetery has been under continuous development since its inception and was most recently expanded in May, 2002, with the incorporation of the final one-half acre of land.